Tuesday, November 2, 2010

~ This Is Me ~

This is me, sticking my head where it doesn’t belong.
This is me with my head in between the stars.
This is the sun, moon and stars above my head, but not out of reach.
This is me with hand outstretched, leaning into the future.
This is me wondering what wonder wrinkle the universe will reveal tomorrow.
This is me on lookout for Jupiter and his 60 moons.
Will I glimpse a mirror of my cosmic self,  filled with celestial color?
This is me.

June 19, 2010
by - sandra m. hagan

2 comments:

Robyn Campbell said...

I felt like you were talking about me here. It feels truly personal. Lovely Sandi. Absolutely lovely. :) Thanks for making me smile today.

Kerry O'Gorman said...

I always remember this painting that The Doors used on one of their albums. The song was "Break on through to the other side". I like that we can feel this and not be afraid. Your prose is beautifully expressed.