(http://leesbird.com/ South Lake Howard Nature Park)
~ The Universe Knows My Name ~
Where I am at this point
there is not perfection
there is grace
and opportunity to
grow out from my old self
pain and disappointment
chip away the rough
unforgiving parts of my
character , those traits that
have held me back for so long
A fresh calm breeze
brushes cobwebs from my spirit
the door to tomorrow is thrown
wide open and the warm sun
shines, and my pathway is
more clear than ever before
I do not preach there will be
no pain or sorrow
rather a new found ability
to accept certain parts of
life with grace surely not my own
The universe knows my name
in the middle of this life, my life,
I can say, I am happy
sandra m. hagan (c) ~ November 13, 2010

2 comments:
Another beautiful poem. You have such talent.
Mary
I love the confidence and direction pushing through this poem. I come away feeling empowered and stronger after reading your verse. Thank you! I'm so enjoying your poetry :) You inspire me to get back on my poetry horse soon.
Post a Comment