Even Now ~
Even now, the hurt is a deep wound
Even now, hope fights to the surface
Even now, there is so anger
Even now, the universe holds my tears
Even now, certain things make me laugh
Even now, daily tasks prevail
Even now, I learn about myself
Even now, I learn about myself
Even now, I remember the way we were
Even now, moment by moment rules
Even now, the invisible calls the shots
Even now, a perfect world is my desire
Even now, I know life goes on
Even now, I recall another departure
And, even now, my heart aches for the empty space.
by sandra m. hagan 11/05/2010

3 comments:
The rhythm of this poem just captures me right from the first line. Love the intensity of the emotion conveyed. Well done!
This poem spoke to my heart. I traveled far from that moment - but at times it finds a way to surface...
I feel your emotion, Sandi. The last line says it all. You ARE a poet. Did you ever visit September Mom and follow her? She's a poet and you two would hit it off.
Even now, the universe holds my tears. GREAT STUFF. I am so proud to call you friend.
Post a Comment