Friday, January 20, 2012

did I do something wrong? ❧

truth may set 
you free
or 
make you
turn away
man hands
touching
little girl self
men having
no self
control
there were
too many men
little girl
recalled
ad nauseam
little girl
left for 
Aunt and Papa
to raise
shame
cracked
innocence
open
wide
moon high
late at night
fear and dread
fragile
memories
scalding water
sweetheart soap
scrub a dub dub
pure white
towel dry
i would like
to slap
them
one and all
uncles (not Papa)
brother in law
cousins (not D.D.E. or R.V.)
and
friends
protect
little girls and boys
be aware
“i wrote this, i did, it was necessary, but not fun.”
sandra m. hagan (c) january 20, 2012

5 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Powerful writing, my friend. Far too many children are abused. As an adult who was abused as a child, I know how damaging it can be. We must protect our children.
Mary

AkasaWolfSong said...

I too was abused as a child and more...into teen years and adulthood because I was too afraid to speak.

This is powerful as Mary has shared, also raw...it eminates pain but also the healing.

xoxoxo

brandi said...

~raw and beautiful though i am sure heavy hearted as you typed...nothing anyone neither male or female should ever ever have to endure...healing blessings to wash over you...much love light and blessings always be with you~

Mary said...

Whew, this is a strong poem; with a much needed message. Thanks for visiting my blog today. I couldn't quite find which poem you had highlighted, but I found this one and I am glad I did.

septembermom said...

Powerful...moving...must be said.

Well done my friend :)