imago dragonfly mage
reflection
willow mirror
on the wall
she saw
willow mirror
on the wall
she saw
the lacuna of her soul
veiled miasma lavender blue
dilly dilly
dilly dilly
innocent bystanders
oscitate in sync
reflective synchronicity
mystic moonshines
shaped like
imagos time forgotten
lichen covered
“i wrote this for Rach Writes - Challenge #2 and it was fun...”
Rach Writes Link Back- Challenge #2
....Y-o-u C-a-n V-o-t-e....
❉❉❉ My entry number is #188 ❉❉❉
❦ Fabulous Campaign ❦
....Y-o-u C-a-n V-o-t-e....
❉❉❉ My entry number is #188 ❉❉❉
❦ Fabulous Campaign ❦
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2011
Repost: Originally posted September 22nd
I hope you all had fun with my First Campaigner Challenge, because it's time for the Second! And this one's even more challenging, so I've given you a week and a half to write it :D
The Challenge is:
Entries in the Second Campaigner Challenge will close on Monday, October 3rd (at 11.59pm EDT). That's a week and a half (longer this time), so make sure you get your post in the Linky List before then if you want to be eligible for a prize! As usual, while everyone is very welcome to take part in this Challenge, only Campaigners will be eligible for prizes.
There will be heaps more awesome prizes awarded this Challenge, both for the entries that are judged the best and through Random.org. We're talking ARCs, books, critiques, and other items galore! My thanks go to everyone who has volunteered to donate prizes. You're all awesome!!!
I've again set up the Linky List to let you "Like" entries, so make sure you come back here and vote. Winners this Challenge will be determined solely on the basis of your votes. This is an honor system, so please don't take advantage of this process either on your own or another's behalf. "Like" voting will close on Friday, October 14th.
I'll (hopefully) be announcing the winners on Saturday, October 15th.
I hope you all had fun with my First Campaigner Challenge, because it's time for the Second! And this one's even more challenging, so I've given you a week and a half to write it :D
The Challenge is:
Write a blog post in 200 words or less, excluding the title. It can be in any format, whether flash fiction, non-fiction, humorous blog musings, poem, etc. The blog post should:
- include the word "imago" in the title
- include the following 4 random words: "miasma," "lacuna," "oscitate," "synchronicity,"
If you want to give yourself an added challenge (optional and included in the word count), make reference to a mirror in your post.
For those who want an even greater challenge (optional), make your post 200 words EXACTLY!Once you’ve posted your Challenge post on your blog, pop back here and link directly to it in the Linky List below (please make sure you include the direct link to your post, not just the link to your blog!).
Entries in the Second Campaigner Challenge will close on Monday, October 3rd (at 11.59pm EDT). That's a week and a half (longer this time), so make sure you get your post in the Linky List before then if you want to be eligible for a prize! As usual, while everyone is very welcome to take part in this Challenge, only Campaigners will be eligible for prizes.
There will be heaps more awesome prizes awarded this Challenge, both for the entries that are judged the best and through Random.org. We're talking ARCs, books, critiques, and other items galore! My thanks go to everyone who has volunteered to donate prizes. You're all awesome!!!
I've again set up the Linky List to let you "Like" entries, so make sure you come back here and vote. Winners this Challenge will be determined solely on the basis of your votes. This is an honor system, so please don't take advantage of this process either on your own or another's behalf. "Like" voting will close on Friday, October 14th.
I'll (hopefully) be announcing the winners on Saturday, October 15th.

36 comments:
I'm in awe of you folks who can whip out a poem, especially one with those challenge words! Beautiful!
Thanks Raelyn....
I love your poetic form, great entry!
To have taken an odd collection of words and incorporated them into a wonderful poem like you've done , is equivalent to nailing an extreme challenge ... congrats !
My entry at no.# 185
Unique! Well done.
Beautiful poem! Love the leaves too! ; )
Poetry is something I do not excel at so seeing how beautifully you wove this piece with words that are far from the norm is very impressive.
That was excellent!
Such an unusually structured poem. Then again, I'm not much of a poet, but I can appreciate a fine piece of poetry.
Great job! :)
Well woven words. Good luck with the contest.
the words are so much more beautiful in a poem! well done! christy #158
Ah, I've not seen a poetic form like this amid the challenge! Nice job!
Oh this is lovely. For so few words to incorporate the challenge words so seamlessly and fluidly? Fantastic work.
You may each one know, I appreciate you stopping by and the kind words, and as I said, it was fun. :0)
Amazing, lyrical- love it when people can make something as difficult as this look simplicity itself.
Such a beautiful, lyrical poem!
Well done!
Very lovely. Thanks for posting so I could come over and find it!
Well done. Lovely. So very nicely done!
This poem was beautiful. You did an amazing job using those words.
well done sweet spirit
amazing poem.
clappies and hugs Sharon
The poem, like your site, is lovely. Beautiful words and images. Thank you!
elegant poem and smooth flow.
loved it =)
"Reflection / willow mirror"
^---I think that line is literally my new favorite line of poetry. I'm not a big fan of poetry, but you managed to catch both my heart and my brain with this little piece. That line itself took me a few minutes to wrap my head around ("...wait, willow can be a reflection of mirror...mirrors have reflections...they've both got "i"s and "o"s..."m" upside-down is "w"...if you look at L's and r's, they're upside-down..."). Almost knocked me out of my chair with your control over each and every word!
Bloody beautiful.
Beautiful! It took my breath away. You used the words in a way in which no one else has. I didn't know you were in the challenge. I am, but didn't do this one. I did number one. I'm slack! I voted for you. I heart you. :-)
Thanks Robyn. So glad you stopped by. This is my first time in a campaign.
The fun and amazing discovery of gifted writers has taken my breath away!
I am learning so much!!! i ❤ you to bff.
both your poem and your site are lovely!
Beautiful. I'm blown away by how you were able to say so much with so few words.
Not qualified really to comment on poetry, but this certainly seemed well crafted. Well done, and thank you for commenting on mine.
I'm running over to vote!!!! I wish you all the luck in the world.
This is wonderful :)
Thank you, everyone! For the encouraging comments and kindness.
Wishing each of you good luck.
This is beautiful! I'm so in awe of people who can write poetry!
Mine is #3.
Very nice. I haven't seen too many that have used poetry as a medium for the challenge.
Wonderful usage of the words.
Beautiful! To take such difficult words and pull them off in a poem? Now that is a worthy feat! Great job.
Beautiful poem and picture. You took difficult words and wove them in such an effortless way. Such a success!
Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my entry.
Thanks for stopping by my stinky flower piece! I love your the poetic avenue you took with this challenge. Great Job!!!
I like the images that come to mind as I read your poem. The picture is beautiful as well.
http://judyidliketosay.blogspot.com/2012/01/gray-fog-in-sunshine-world.html
Post a Comment