she walked
toward to me
red hair shining
freckles all a glitter
and
bad attitude
she was a messenger
couldn’t help herself
red hair
thriving on
bad attitude
I offered her white mimosa tea
strawberry scones
gave her leave to
rest in my purple velvet
overstuffed chair
incense
filled the air
rays of sunshine
filtered through
my unicorn
stained glass window
she drank the tea
ate a scone
turned to me
and said
I am a messenger...
“The Tambourine Sister’s”
extend an invitation
to attend a dance
and tambourine extravaganza
awestruck I ask,
“who are the Tambourine Sister’s
and what, do they want, with me?”
the redhead rolled her eyes
took a sip of white mimosa tea
and said, “they be akin
to the Fair Folk”
They say you need
to loosen up a wee bit
you are wound
too tight
tea cakes
moon cookies
sparkling orange water
will be served on
green glass mushroom tables
music falls like rain
from crystal green leaves
you may dance in
the eye of a needle
if you please
enchantments a plenty
guaranteed to
make you wiggle
when you walk
and giggle when
you talk
can you still
believe in fairies
imagination
places?
you’ve been
old to long
if you
cannot believe
if you can
believe
follow me
down the polka dot
runway
lift your arms and fly
west until you hear
the tambourines
the rest is up to you
if you are so stodgy
as not to hear the
tambourine tango
you will crash to
the ground and it
won’t matter a wit...
should you land
on blue poppies
your hair will turn
red like mine
grab a tambourine
before you know
it
you’ll be dancing
on the checkerboard road
tambourine shakin’
you’ll be bending
low to
whip your hair.....
after that you’ll
be free to follow
your dreams
you can shake it
you can break it
you can wear it
on your head
if this upsets your
applecart
don’t be alarmed
you been dreamin’
darnlin’
we meant no
harm
tambourines
are cheaper
by far
than a doctor
of psychology
by the
hour
don’t cha’
know...
ah-cha-cha....
....The Tambourine Sister’s...
sandra m. hagan © September 2, 2011

7 comments:
Love the new look here. I am so excited about the season. And absolutely love your writings.
Mary
This is imagination central! Where one gets off the Luna Train and embraces the glitter of your poetry Sandra! Awesome, awesome, awesome and then some! :)
I soooo loved it!
Keep on writing Fair Lady...
Blessings and Blissings,
xoxoxo
Thanks my sweet friend Akasa. You are so sweet and make life even more fun.
oh, I love the poem and the spirit of it. brought a big smile to my face :)
Wow..fabulous prose..you have stirred my soul and cast images in my mind..brilliant!
Victoria
Amazing turn of phrase and playfulness throughout this creative piece. I love it! You remind me that I need to get back into poetry.
Take care and enjoy your weekend!
Love and hugs, Kelly
Thanks everyone, you're happy, I'm happy.
Post a Comment