Thursday, July 14, 2011

"...when I return..."


when i return
my reincarnated self
upon this mother earth
you will not recognize me
wild from the beginning
able to sustain myself 
in woodland solitude
ever entertaining
angels unaware
“hooman’s”
from time to time
come visit
my garden glorious
sprouting flowers
vigorous vegetables
watermelon vines
creeping on the
ground
warm hearth welcome 
awaits friends
grilled fish
roasted spuds
green beans
tomatoes
wild strawberry thrill
honeyed tea
velvet down
sofa old as dirt
comfort 
has a home
summer porch
sleep tight
there’s a
moon out
tonight

past
present
future
three
journeys

dark
of night
keep 
a candle
burning
I
will
return...
"...when I return...."
sandra m. hagan (c) July 14, 2011


Eternal Dance
http://youtu.be/Sy63xxVM9xg

4 comments:

On Fragile Wings said...

I would love to visit you and share some conversation and a bite to eat. It sounds as if you shall return as
Mother Nature herself...

beautiful

septembermom said...

Your words express such power and determination. I love how you let the words fall into each other by your placement of each line. You are a truly gifted poet, my friend :)

the wild magnolia said...

Ladies, I am so moved by your kind comments. Writing is a great joy. Music is my second greatest joy.

Thank you both!

Anonymous said...

What a haunting, enchanting poem. Thank you so much for sharing :-)