Monday, June 25, 2012

Poetry Pantry No. 104 - Summer Heat Haiku

flaming hot days

summer hibernation
rain dance
insure
the
tepee
summer haiku

i wrote this in Eureka Springs, Arkansas, and it was fun.”
June 15th, 2012
(c)
sandra m. hagan
photo
"for one brief shining moment - rain"
by  
wild magnolia enchantments

4 comments:

Eileen T O'Neill ..... said...

Sandra,

A beautiful Haiku evoking great memories of very hot summer days. Unfortunately, the weather here in England has been unending rain. The droplets from my trees are rainwater:)

Eileen

Eileen T O'Neill ..... said...

Sandra,

I want to reply personally and thank you for your comment left at my Words and Thoughts Blog. I appreciated it very much. If you read the comments at Poets United Sunday Pantry, you will understand why I wrote that poem. Thank you again,
Eileen :)

Laura said...

beautiful...I took a walk in the rain this morning, felt the heat rise from the sidewalk as the air cooled my breath.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I don't really understand this poem, sorry. Perhaps I'm just from the wrong cultural background. But it's a striking picture; thank you for sharing.