Sunday, April 15, 2012

the love i wanted......Poetry Pantry # 97

“I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, 
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.”
Pablo Neruda

can you hear 
me where you are?
“the love”
wanted
so bad
it hurt
the only
love
i
wanted
and 
was 
denied
our love
was a
secret
actually
there
was a
shadow
for real
and 
we had
a love
between
the shadow
and
the 
soul
i’m wondering
can you 
think
of 
me 
now



“i wrote this and it was fun.”

sandra m. hagan (c) April 14, 2012


8 comments:

Eileen T O'Neill ..... said...

Sandra,

I love this poem very much. Filled with mystery and powerful feelings.

Eileen

PattiKen said...

Oh, yes. Beautifully said and I know I wont be the only one who says, oh, yes, that's just how it was.

Unknown said...

I am sure the writing was fun. Feels so. I am also sure the loving described was not. Feels so. You did a good job.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Love and roses - what could be more beautiful?

Laurie Kolp said...

We had a love between the shadow and the soul... I love that.

lil red hen said...

Wow! I'm glad you wrote this ~ and it was fun! I've also wondered, "can you think of me now".

Kerri Farley said...

Lovely!`

septembermom said...

The voice is strong and makes the reader listen. Wonderfully done!