Thursday, May 19, 2011

"Until I Leave a Mark"

"Florida Woodland"
by
"the wild magnolia"

i am...the hovering
mist
a cloak of veiled
light

the bold bark circling 
that tree
hung with leaves
green dress

sea shells waiting for
the ocean to cover
their nakedness

banners of pale
streak sunlight
penetrating the
thick of forest

water beads
sparkling
a top a hidden
slick of ancient
wood

brown wren
a twitter jump
from twig to
branch

lone cow
lumbering home
to barn and corn

wild horse
a pinto blaze
true white
indian red

royal velvet 
sweet scented
magnolia bud
jewels

blue rain
gathered in the
round
barrel

star dust
punctuation
of
night sky

blond wheat
upon the threshing
floor

wine cranberries
floating in the
wash

earthy soil
damp and dark
hungry for the
seeds

i am...”the nothing
new under the sun”...

the splash of penned
story words or mysteries 
spoken

fur person curled
upon a cobbled
hearth

sweet wild grapes
strung upon a
ragged fence

worrying wind
across lonesome
land

cosmic curiosity
seeking enlightenment
one moment at a time

human
face to face
dig deep
to 
fill the
empty space

aware the best
and worst dwells
in me

each day arrives
untouched
until i leave
a mark

sandra m. hagan (c) may 19th, 2011

1 comment:

septembermom said...

I felt pulled along this wonderful journey of images and movement. This is one of my favorites of yours. I read it a few times. It sinks in well and I enjoyed it very much.