- toad’s wild ride -
who am I?
I do not
recognize me
I am older
and gray
and wrinkled
but that’s not
It
I am not
where I thought
I would be
at “this” age
I’ve had to
change
over and over
again
to survive
but wait -
I did survive
I can walk
talk and see
hear and feel
laugh
cry and remember
rise up and lay down
forgive and forget
I remain
a thirsty
sponge for
knowledge
of life and spirit
my journey
is enhanced
through openness
and new ideas
the golden years
are filled
with a different
light, and
a few new
twists
and turns
I realize…
this is the
right place
for me…
tears fill my
eyes as I
understand,
I am home,
wherever I
am, is home
sigh….
the changes
keep it
interesting
sandra m. hagan © march 3rd, 2011

5 comments:
I love this lady's face. Powerful words.
Mary
You pull me in every time with your verse. I love visiting you here. I always feel honored to read your poetry. Thanks so much for your friendship and support during my crazy 4 weeks of jury service. I'm glad to be back with all my blogging buddies :) Take care. - Kelly
really a wonderful poem, and I love the accompanying artwork as well. Lately I haven't been able to 'recognize' my life, not so much visually, but in other ways - so this touched me and reminded me that the important things are still in place! xo k
Hope all is well my friend. I'm happy to tell you that you won once again over at Write With Pictures. Thank you for sharing your wonderful creative voice with us. Here is the link:
http://writewithpictures.blogspot.com/2011/03/congrats-to-don-susan-judy-wild.html
Take care - Kelly
I love this! Thanks for stopping by to visit - I know this is an older post but what can I say? I relate. Have a great weekend!!
Post a Comment